“Step into a scene and let it drip from your fingertips.”
I am an advocate of lifelong learning. Because of this, I am constantly taking courses and working towards improving my craft. Currently, I have applied for the program to obtain my PhD in creative and critical writing through the University of Gloucestershire.
While I love to continually improve my skills, I have included a list of my education and seminars that I attended.
- 2020: Masters of Arts: Creative and Critical Writing, University of Gloucestershire
- 2017: Post-Graduate Certificate: Creative Writing, Humber College
- 2001: Honours Diploma Early Childhood Education, Mohawk College
Conferences, Courses and Seminars
- July 27 to August 11, 2020: Sprint Women’s Development Programme, University of Gloucestershire
- July 2, 2020: Global Leadership Forum: Focus on Social Justice: Attendee
- June 30-July 3, 2020: Secluded: A Virtual Writing Conference: Attendee
- 2015: From Prose to Profit, Online 6 month Course,
- 2015: Introduction to Forensic Science, Nanyang Technological University, Coursera
- 2014: Creativity for Writers, Western University
- 2014: Editing, Western University
- 2014: The Meat we Eat, University of Florida, Coursera
- 2014: An Introduction to Marketing, University of Pennsylvania, Coursera
- 2013: Canine Theriogenology for Dog Enthusiasts, University of Minnesota, Coursera
- 2013: Introduction to Finance, University of Michigan, Coursera
- 2012: Animal Behaviour, University of Melbourne, Coursera
- 2012: Animal Behaviour and Welfare, University of Edinburgh
- 2011: Building Believable Characters, Online Workshop
- 2009: Show and Tell, Online Workshop
- 2007: Grammar, Western University
- 2007: Breathing Life into a Scene, Online Workshop
- 2007: Perfect People are Boring, Online Workshop
- 2007: Secondary Characters, Online Workshop
- Canadian Freelance Guild
- Publishers Marketplace
- Freelancers Union
I was born in British Columbia, Canada; the youngest of 4: 2 brothers and a sister. Growing up in the wilds of BC, I discovered my love of nature, adventure and appreciated those quiet moments at the end of a busy day when I could bury my nose in a book.
I began writing at a young age and spent my summers writing book reports for fun. I remember hours spent locked in the library during the hot summer months reading and writing.
When I was 18, I moved to Ontario, Canada and have spent much of my life in Southwestern Ontario. In 2001, I received my honours diploma in early childhood education. By 2007, I returned to my passion of writing and focused on it as my career. 2017, I earned my post-graduate certificate in creative writing and in 2020, I earned my MA in creative and critical writing.
Which brought me to the wonderful world of freelance writing. I’ve worked with clients around the globe and have written hundreds of articles for them. In addition, I have ghostwritten over 50 books and have edited countless other ones.
My passion continues to press me further as a writer and I am continually improving my skills through courses and education. See my education page for more information.
Today, I reside in London, Ontario with my husband, and two children while I continue to pursue both my novelist career and my freelance career.